Questions to ask yourself
In the event of a disaster, be prepared to describe the disaster and how your congregation and community have been affected.
How is Your Congregation Affected?
- What kind of disaster has occurred?
- Identify status and needs of clergy and staff
- Identify damage to church property
- Contact congregational members
-- Determine personal needs
-- Identify/assess community damage
- Identify immediate congregational needs
- Identify the geographic area affected
- Contact emergency management office or other local agency to determine the extent of the disaster (i.e. sheriff’s office, Red Cross, FEMA)
- Identify potential for further damage